You just received a lovely bunch of flowers! let me share some tips to keep your beautiful bouquet fresh for longer.
1) Go ahead and grab your vase. A glass or ceramic vase or water jug works best. Check if the vase is big enough for your bunch. Too small and flowers will not be able to breathe! Clean your vase with soapy water and then rinse several times under running water to get rid of any soap residue. Now spray it with some white vinegar or apple cider vinegar to disinfect your vase.
2) Unwrap the bouquet. Get rid of all of the paper and plastic.
3) The stems of the bouquet are kept in shape with the holding tie on the stems. Its best to leave the holding tie on. This helps in keeping the shape of your arrangement.
4) Fill the vase with water. If your bunch came with flower food, add 1/4th of the flower food to the vase. If there's no flower food, you can easily make your own by adding 1/4th of a teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and a few drops of bleach or janola. Even that sounds like too much hassle, you can just add few drops of bleach to your vase, that would do. But make sure to change the water every two days, pretty flowers like to be in drinking clean water! It'll be imperative to mention here that some flowers by nature are longer lasting like Chrysanthemums while other flowers may not last more than 5 days.
5) Measure the length of the stems with the height of your vase. Trim the stems with a pair of clean, sharp scissors at an angle. This angled cut helps the flowers drink well. Pull out any leaves that may come in contact with water when the bunch is placed in the vase. This is done to avoid bacteria developing in the vase due to submerged leaves.
6) It is important to keep your flowers away from the fruit bowl, direct sunlight and heaters.
You're all set to enjoy your fresh flowers :)
Hello Spring! We have forgotten how all over the place your weather is, but never the beautiful flowers you can supply us during this season.
Our Winter Splendor bunch will be finishing up this week so we can introduce our spring bunch for you to take home. You can see our whole range here.
The daffodils have been in abundance and have really brought a smile to everyone's faces during these unusual times.
We are also very happy to see Heliconia's back at the market. It just reminds us that we are almost closer to summer. It's really the only way we can have that tropical feel since we can't travel.
Our mix of Iris' and Tulips have been a hit instore. Make sure to pop into the Airport Retail Centre to grab yours today.
The markets have been interesting for us all, prices are still running a little high and volume is lower than normal. We are trying our best to keep our bouquets looking lush and value for money. Just means we need to be even more creative to accommodate these harder times.
Thank you to our valuable customers for your continued support during these hard times. It does mean a lot to my team and myself. Even buying a few stems which is still as romantic, special and appreciated is always a win win for the customer and your florist.
Best we get back to it. Thanks for supporting your local small business!